Camping Necessities You Should Have When Spending Time Outdoors
Camping is one of the great ways to enjoy the outdoors with your friends, family, or just by yourself. It is like a sweet escape from the world, your problems, or troubles since it can give you peace of mind. You can go to different states, mountains, private campgrounds, and many more. However, camping is not as easy as you think.
Unexpected things or problems can happen while you are on the campsite so you have to be prepared. You must meet all your needs, especially when you are planning to camp for two or more days. Make sure that you bring essential things that have multiple uses.
Here are some of the camping necessities that you should have while you are outdoors:
1. Camping cook setsCamping cook sets are important to carry so you can have a comfortable lunch or dinner. You can carry a small spoon and fork, and some extending marshmallow roasting sticks. A cooking set includes pots, bowls, spatulas, sponges, and stainless steel cups.
2. NavigatorsNavigators like maps, compasses, GPS devices, and altimeters have a big role. You need these things to locate the way you will go. When you accidentally get lost in the middle of a forest or mountain, any of these navigators can lead you to the right way.
3. Alternate weather wear Even if you have checked the weather forecast before going on a camping trip, remember that the weather is unpredictable and can change with just the snap of a finger, so make sure to research on some camping hacks and bring alternative weather wear. Make sure to bring an extra set of clothes, for either a sunny or cold day.
4. RopeRope has multiple uses at a campsite, especially when you tie different knots. You can hang your wet clothes, or it can be used for hiking. You can also use it on emergency situations, like towing people. Don't ever go on a camping without having one.
5. Headlamp To be able to find your way in the middle of the night is important. You always need to have a source of light with you. A headlamp is more convenient to use than flashlights because it is conveniently attached to your head. It keeps your hands free for cooking or other things that need to be done on the campsite.
6. Pack of matches Fire has a major role in camping, like on making a bonfire or when you’re cooking. Without fire, the night will be cold and you only have limited food options to cook.
7. First aid kit It is vital to carry a first aid kit and have knowledge on how to use the items inside. Sudden emergencies can happen, and these things will bring you great help.
First aid kits should have treatments for wounds, adhesive bandages of various sizes, gauze pads, pain relievers, and other emergency medication. You must base the number of medication supplies inside the first aid kit on the number of people included in your trip.
8. Pocket Knife Small knives are handy, so it will not be spacious on your baggage. It is essential for cooking, gear repair, first aid, and other emergency needs. Make sure that this will be handled by adults in the group if you have kids along with you.
9. Extra BatteriesBatteries are the only source of electricity while camping, and they are used for flashlights and headlamps. It is better that you have an extra set prepared in case the battery of the flashlights get drained.
10. Emergency Shelter Do not forget to carry some type of emergency shelter to protect you from wind and air in case you will experience being stranded.
11. Extra Food and Water Always pack extra food, especially if you will be staying for a long time on the campsite. Also make sure that the food you will bring has a long shelf life.
Determine how many liters of water you will bring. Consider that most people need about one liter of water for two hours. Make sure as well that there is a water reservoir on your camping site. If there’s none, then bring extra amounts of water.
When deciding on what to bring when you go on an outdoor camping trip, think about what you need in order to survive. It is important to make sure that all the essential items are ready and in good condition, especially if your campsite’s location will be far, such as the mountains. Your food and water supply should be enough for everyone as well.